Southeast Georgia Blacksmiths

Blacksmith Artists in the Southeast Georgia Region

I know I have not been here that long but I would like to ask if there is anyone who enjoys teaching that would be willing to walk me through a couple of forge welds in person.  I have studied the academic information and know the theory behind it but I am coming up short on the application.  I would travel to your forge and provide the fuel/steel if someone is willing.  I do not have a lot of money I could pay for your instruction but I am fairly decent at forging knives so I would be willing to trade a knife as payment to sweeten the deal if necessary.  I am willing to travel anywhere in between Augusta and Savannah...Thanks, Chris

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could always come down to Savannah on the third Saturday of the month and I'm sure someone could show you. We will be meeting March 17th at Keller's Flea Market (ilovefleas.com). We will be there from 8 -12. 

Jim

Sounds like a plan I did not know that could be a part of a meeting.  I will be at the April meeting then.  I am taking my son on a fishing trip this weekend out of town or I would come Saturday.  Thanks for letting me know. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Wes Peterson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service